At the Y, we believe that every child should have the opportunity to learn from caring adults who model healthy living—and make healthy choices themselves. That’s why we're committed to promoting physical activity and nutrition in everything we do.
Promoting nutrition that is kid-friendly
- Thanks to the Y, children in Davidson Co. Summer Adventure enjoyed 27,585 meals (breakfast and lunch combined) and 5,872 snacks in summer 2016—at no additional cost to their families.
- During the 2016-17 school year, we expanded this meal program to 27 before- and after-school sites in Nashville and Montgomery County, as well as Robertson County Y-CAP. Since the beginning of the 2016-17 school year, we have served 60,240 meals and 220,990 snacks (as of Feb. 2017).
Putting the 'active' in activities
- Whether it’s a game of dodgeball in the gym, a dance-off in the cafeteria or capture the flag on the playground, we provide a variety of opportunities for students to have fun while staying active.
- To encourage active play, children in our programs spend no time in front of a screen.
Committed to the highest standards
- Our food program follows HEPA standards, a nationally-recognized set of guidelines for nutrition and physical fitness.
- In 2015, the State of Tennessee awarded Fun Company the “Healthy Happy Meals Award” for serving nutritious foods that were both creative and kid-friendly.
Alley Pickren, 615-259-9622 ext. 70188