During the summer, children in our communities often don't receive the care of nurturing adults or have a safe place to stay. The Y meets this need through our Summer Adventure program.
Hosted in four counties by YMCA Fun Company, Summer Adventure is a nine-week all-day summer camp aimed at meeting the need for safe spaces.
In Summer Adventure, your child will...
- Try healthy foods and prepare their own dishes.
- Create their own art and other projects.
- Engage in a minmum of an hour of physical activity each day.
- Build literacy skills during scheduled reading times.
- Swim at local pools and take fun field trips.